About the Programme
Over the course of two years, IT Trainees will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and contribute to major projects that make a visible impact on airline operations and on the quality experience that we deliver to customers. It's the beginning of a fulfilling IT career that combines your two greatest passions: technology and aviation.
You will gain a well-rounded learning experience that includes training and rotations through programming and non-programming based IT disciplines such as business analysis, systems analysis, infrastructure analysis, service management and project management. This will give you the opportunity to experience our broad IT functions first-hand and to explore where your strengths and interests lie. You will make valuable connections and networks as you interact with some of the brightest minds in the business and will equip you with a broad professional skill-set to set you up for a long-lasting and successful career at Cathay Pacific.
Depending on your assigned rotations, you may have the opportunity to:
- Work on technologies in ecommerce, business intelligence, customer relationship management and enterprise resource management
- Participate in business analysis, system analysis, application design and development for IT projects in the areas of Service Delivery, Sales & Marketing, Enterprise, Engineering, Flight Operationsand Cargo
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams for software projects that apply Waterfall and Agile project management
- Apply software development best practices, standards, frameworks, governances and knowledge areas including vendor management and quality management for application developments
- Participate in infrastructure engineering in areas of telecommunications, workplace, middleware, database and hosting
- Work in our IT Service Centre and other service management areas and infrastructure programme to support and manage the seamless operations and infrastructure of the airline.
From the very first rotation, you will be heavily supported via on-the-job training, performance management processes and one-on-one mentorship by our senior IT managers. You will also receive on-going opportunities to build networks throughout the business, interact with senior managers and collaborate with IT specialists from many disciplines.
The diagram below outlines the structure of the IT programme and highlights some of the IT disciplines that you may be exposed to.