Life at Cathay Pacific
Our culture thrives on teamwork and knowledge sharing. Across our business you will discover a friendly and supportive environment where teams work together to overcome obstacles, and share a great sense of pride in striving towards our vision of becoming the best airline in the world.
Every Cathay Pacific employee receives a broad range of formal and informal learning experiences and development opportunities. As part of our global family you will be supported to develop a broad engineering skill-set and explore your potential across a variety of disciplines. Once you complete the programme, you will start a career that will enable you to apply your passion in many different areas of our operations.
Working at Cathay City
The Graduate Engineer Programme will see you stationed at Cathay City, Cathay Pacific’s global headquarters and the heart of our operations in Hong Kong. Spread over four hectares of land at Hong Kong International Airport, it’s one of the largest corporate head office facilities in Asia.
Cathay City is designed for optimal convenience, comfort and collaboration. In addition to office towers housing over 30 departments and 3,000 employees, the complex features a 23-storey hotel, a flight training centre, leisure and recreation facilities, retail stores and a food court. It’s a highly sociable environment where you can catch up with your colleagues over coffee one day, and meet for a game of badminton after work the next.
As a Cathay Pacific employee, you’ll have the opportunity to lead a lifestyle that is second-to-none. With generous airline discounts available you will be able to experience diverse cultures, expand your horizons and explore the world.
Other great employee benefits include:
- A flexible benefits package that includes medical coverage, retirement schemes and various insurance plans
- A five-day working week and 18 days of paid annual leave
- Access to leisure and recreation facilities at Cathay Pacific City including swimming pool, gym, indoor courts and a bar for social gatherings
- Employee transportation bus services run to and from most major residential areas covering Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, and the New Territories, plus discounted fares on the Airport Express Line and public bus routes to the airport
- Discounts on hotels, car hire, transportation, dining, tours and retail