When you graduate from Cadet to Second Officer, you will be based in Hong Kong and continue your learning at Cathay Pacific City.
As our on-going training reinforces our emphasis on safety and technical proficiency, study outside of your scheduled flights will be required. Our pilots are scheduled for regional, long haul and ultra long haul operations 365 days a year. Given that Second Officers only operate on long haul and ultra long haul routes, their roster allows a significant amount of ‘free time’ to pursue sports and other activities. Our crew are able to maintain a work-life balance which many other professionals can only envy.
Built on four hectares of land, Cathay Pacific City is a purpose-built, self-contained ‘city’, right next to Hong Kong International Airport. It incorporates a crew hotel, several restaurants, medical /dental facilities, shops, gymnasium, a swimming pool and world class sporting facilities.
At Cathay Pacific, our remuneration package is competitive, the numerous lifestyle benefits we provide reflect our intention to attract and retain the best, and we regularly review our salary packages to ensure their competitiveness. We also put safety first and support you with exceptional benefits, like:
- 21 days’ annual leave, increasing to 42 days on upgrade to First Officer
- Loss of Licence, Life and Medical insurance
- Up to 90% education allowance to help with your children’s education in Hong Kong
- 50% reimbursement of nursery and reception fees
- Comprehensive private medical insurance for you, your spouse and your children
- Discretionary 13th-month salary and profit share
- Amazing travel discounts for you, your spouse, your children and your parents or in-laws
- 15.5% company contribution to a pension scheme
- Salary tax capped at 15%
- Annual salary increments within rank